All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 11:25 am   
Team Member

Good morning TORC and HPBC family,

Funeral arrangements for John:

Jerretts funeral hom 660 Kennedy Rd Scarborough

Viewing Thurs 2-4 & 7-9
Service Friday 11am

Here is a statement from Ross. "A Canadian boat racing legend,my hero ,my dad is gone. John Webster passed away at 1:30 this morning (Aug 7th) peacefully at St.Michael's hospital in Toronto due to complications from prostate cancer. Race in peace Dad." Ross Webster

If you would like to post something online, please do so on our Facebook Page. http://www.facebook.com/groups/72034629960/

From my view, I had the honour of seeing John inducted into the Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame a couple of years ago, John sold me my first boat in 1993, repaired my ASH after my first blowover in 1996, and built me my first 20H a few years ago that simply screams (ask Ross!). John was a man of few words, a dedicated family man, he led by example through kindness, and a competitive spirit. He is truly someone who's actions spoke louder than words, there has always been and will always be so much to learn from John, his legacy will continue for generations and be remembered forever in Canadian Motorsports history. There will always be a special place in my heart for John as I'm sure there is in yours and the countless others he has touch in his amazing life.

Any donations in John's name are asked to be made to Prostate Cancer Canada and flowers can be sent to his home for his wife Ruth, thank you, so great to hear all of the stories!

Ruth Webster
9 Jackmuir Cres.
Scarborough ON
M1P 4B5

Jordan
TORC President

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 1:42 pm   
Team Member

John will be missed by a lot of us. He was TORC! I was lucky enough to speak with him at Gravenhurst this year. He told me he had not been well and I was very concerned. I hope next year we can honour him and have special decals on every boat.
Don

Profile Send private message