It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:14 am

Six Mile Lake Saturday Nights T Boat Competitions

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 26th, 2024, 7:22 pm   
Team Member

Six Mile Lake has always been the hot bed for T Boats and many racers from that lake have become champions in various classes in CBF. Rusty Wyatt is the latest racer from Six Mile Lake to achieve success and next season will be representing Canada in UIM F1. ASSUME!

So why is Six Mile so special?
They always had lots of T boats. And the love of T Boats gets passed on generation to generation. But quantity doesn’t necessarily develop excellent raceboat drivers. There are lots of T Boat drivers.
The difference is lake competition. The Six Mile drivers are both male and female. Parents that grew up on the lake support and encourage their children’s interest in T Boats. Lots of us share the same passion with our children, but we are not on Six Mile.
Our children got their race education when they got into competitive races with CBF. Learning was during the race. They tested alone on the lake where there were no other raceboats let alone successful raceboat drivers.
What happens on Saturday night on SIx Mile? The T Boats come out to play...that’s what they call it. But it’s a competition to see who has the fastest T Boat. The goal is to have the fastest. The challenge is to continually improve. You do not to drop back in the order. It’s a new start very summer as new boats and motors show up every year. Craig Ferrier’s top running Critchfield was purchased this year by a Six Miler.
This competition raises the level of driving, experience, confidence and knowledge on what works and what doesn’t.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 31st, 2024, 10:26 am   
Team Member

Well said Don!
My dad got me into it as did a lot of other fathers did for their sons and daughters! A lot of other people got into it from watching the Saturday night crew out ripping around. Just to give you an idea the age range out there on Saturday nights is 20-60 years of age. The group also accepts all boats that come out Hydrostream's, Chargers and Allisons. One fella even started running around in a Glen L TNT and we expect to see him this summer in a MX13. It is a great lake with lots of race history!!

Viper Merc 200hp
12' Charger 60Hp OMC
Never Enough Boats!!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 1st, 2024, 1:07 pm   
Team Member

I can blame that same TNT for my financially crippling obsession, and the guy that built it. Who will be 69 this summer, running around in an MX13 I restored and modified for him. He also had one of the earliest performance V hulls on the lake, a 1972 MX13 that at the time was new. After getting the need for a fast boat from driving the Flat bottom Allison one family had, and a checkmate V141 or V161.

I hope we can continue to inspire future generations to enjoy it, build and modify your own boats. Its skills and a hobby that can last a lifetime.

Profile Send private message WWW