It is currently May 4th, 2024, 12:54 pm

Yamaha dream motor

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 9:39 am   
Team Member

This was on the Ally board and I wondered if it was too good to be true. Most of the chatter claims it was a screaming deal and it didn't last long.

2.6 Yamaha
SOLD. THANKS ALLISON OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Exceptional motor with break in hours only. I have it on an XB2002 if you want to test it. I am not a Yam guy but know quality when I see it. Very nice and a strong runner. The power head is a 225 excel it has had all the exhaust ports opened up some and the rod slots slightly cut and tube ports drilled in behind the sleeves and the front half has been expoxy filled to help raise the crank case compression it has hydrotec 8200 heads and fiber reeds with the hydrotec modified reed plate and intake with 36mm carbs. The can has been removed and it has a stock 225 excel tuner the mid clamp is for a 115 because it was lighter than the 1997 150 clamp the lower unit is a 1.86:1 gear and was just redone by j.c prop shop the cowl and pan are custom made by Hydrotec and feel lighter than a Merc Drag. Control box is included for $3200 OBO.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 6:30 pm   
Team Member

Considering that light weight pan and cowl list for over $1k on Hydro Tec's website and the other dodads yes that seems like someone got a good deal. Those are big carbs too. I guess the new owner will find out if it is too good to be true or not. I would have figured it would have fetched more money than that considering there is a hot 2.6 on S&F for sale that the guy wants waaaay to much for ($9k now) but it will eventually sell for more than this one did. Interesting on the 115 clamp, I wonder how it would last over time. I can't say I would want to sacrifice weight to the detriment of my motor falling off!

Were there any photos?

Next time you see something like this David on the Alli board let me know!!!! :mrgreen:

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 7:37 am   
Team Member

Attachment:
Yamaha 002.jpg
Yamaha 002.jpg [ 2.53 KiB | Viewed 426 times ]

Attachments:
Yamaha 006.jpg
Yamaha 006.jpg [ 3.41 KiB | Viewed 426 times ]