It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:14 pm

Where is everybody?!?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 11:29 am   
TORC VP

As you can see by Boomers video... I am still around.... Mitchie we even had 3 good runs this year.... All ones you could have brought the big boat to. 3 24 Skaters showed up on the BOG....then on then on the Ottonabee. you just need to get out of the bay and trailer some place!!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 4:29 pm   

Hey all! I'm a newbie @ HPBC, but I have many years of forum experience and hope to be a regular here now. FWIW, I have a general comment or 2. ;)

It seems that there's a 'season' or 'cycle' where a proportion of people contribute and then tend to disappear. Sometimes they come back or maybe not. As you've already noted, needs and interests change over time. Some slow down or move on to other things.

As well, it also seems that the majority of the contributions come from about 20 to 50 of the forum members, depending on the total membership base. One other forum I'm on regularly has a worldwide membership of over 37,000 but it's still only around 50 or so that really 'make it go'! The rest just lurk or hang out without really making any significant connection.

Anyhow, I was really happy to find a Canadian fast boat forum to hang out on. Thanks for keeping this 'up and running'. I think it's pretty cool! :D

Steady On! ;)

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 6:23 pm   

Facebook sucks for motorsports. Its a place to showboat and make connections. When it comes to detailed info its hard to find and rely on. If you ask stuff you get arguments and trolls to the point you dont know who to listen too. Its works well for event/self promotion/and maybe selling stuff.

Im just getting into fast boats, and most here have been around my local block. Its great to read about the cool shit happening in Ontario.

One thing about being a boat newb ive noticed compared to any other motorsport ive been web wheeling is that boats seem to be very disclosed about the goods. Like real motor tech. Ive spent 3-4 years reading online about outboards, and you only get small hints to what works and what doesnt. I guess its just a much smaller niche, and people dont see the need. I know its all out there, but man is it hard to comprehend.

Ive gatthered lots of info on building 70 OMCs off of this site. Its been the best for that motor. Ive bought a few parts, meet a few people and received priceless guidance. Its been great and i hope it doesnt fade out.

All the good Ontario based 4x4 forums fadded out a few years ago. The history loss is sad.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 10:30 pm   
Team Member

Supermitchie wrote:
I can't remember the last time I saw him. Talon kid has set a record for how many sick boats a millenial university student can possibly aquire.

Well hell Mitchie I should feel honoured - its amazing what can be done with a rotten boat and too much spare time in the winter :lol: - but I think this one is sticking around for a while...pretty damn hard package to break up and part ways with.

Good to have you back behind the keyboard big guy

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 8:28 am   
Team Member

talonkid wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:
I can't remember the last time I saw him. Talon kid has set a record for how many sick boats a millenial university student can possibly aquire.

Well hell Mitchie I should feel honoured - its amazing what can be done with a rotten boat and too much spare time in the winter :lol: - but I think this one is sticking around for a while...pretty damn hard package to break up and part ways with.

Good to have you back behind the keyboard big guy

I would not mention you if I didn't like ya!!!! How is your pops? I heard that that Red boat is roooollin'.

I saw 2bilgepumps this summer.... He won the award for "best overall sea-dooer". It was pretty amazing.
Where did Garth go? That guy was keen with that Grandsport? Garth did you involuntarily switch directions in that thing or something?

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 8:36 am   
Team Member

Supermitchie wrote:

I would not mention you if I didn't like ya!!!! How is your pops? I heard that that Red boat is roooollin'.

Pops is doing well!! And yeah that boat is definitely rolling pretty well - still trying to catch him in the needlenose but I think this past weekend I've starting nipping at his heels lol

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 9:10 am   
Team Member

The Winstones where looking great in the pics from Jasper. Momma takes some great shots!

Garth is alive and well. He showed well at the drags in Peterborough!

There are a Bazzillion and one pics from the races in Peterborough Mitch. If you've got a day or so, you can go through them and see all the action.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 10:11 am   
Team Member

talonkid wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:

Good to hear from you Mitchie. Hopefully you can make it down to Jasper next year....you would have a great time. You are always welcome to join us for the ride. We drove 110 miles on Thursday and 80 miles on Friday. Lots of great scenery.

12' tinny - 9.9 merc

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 11:15 pm   

Folks are still here, life gets busy. Jasper was fun as always, close to 20 Canadians went.

Yes, we need more millenials with Mike's enthusiasm ;)

I'll be posting more to the Scarab retro-mod thread as it regains momentum. Hopefully the new owner of my Triad does a build thread as it unfortunately undergoes an operation to go from white to black (shudder :roll: the horror ) lol.

Matt

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 6:13 am   
Team Member

OMCFORME wrote:
Folks are still here, life gets busy. Jasper was fun as always, close to 20 Canadians went.

Yes, we need more millenials with Mike's enthusiasm ;)

I'll be posting more to the Scarab retro-mod thread as it regains momentum. Hopefully the new owner of my Triad does a build thread as it unfortunately undergoes an operation to go from white to black (shudder :roll: the horror ) lol.

Matt

Great seeing you (as always) in Jasper Matt.
Hope you can make it next year.
:mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next