It is currently May 4th, 2024, 10:47 am

Drag Boat?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 6:06 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

That is indeed a Texas Tunnel... they are super popular and common in the south for inboard jet boat racing... They routinely run over 120 in the drags... there is a version of that boat that basically has the point of deck (the V) cut off and turned into a pickle fork and ends up being about 16' long... again used for inboard jet drags... A friend of mine picked up ex inboard jet, super light (at the time)one of them about 10 years ago, probably about 350-400lbs... Anyway he modified the pad to flatten it out similar to an STV and put a XR2 (150) with a cone a cone on it a big cleaver and that thing flew! Propped wrong for acceleration, but man it top ended for a 150… not sure what it would run, but my old STV ran into 90’s back then with a 2.4 and he could keep up on the top end… scary as hell though, looked right on the edge of a blow over the whole time… he passed away several years ago and his brother still has it, he said he might bring it out to play this summer… BTW, I would bet that one listed is built by Rick Bitz (Bitz Boats/Eagle Fiberglass)… he has the molds and lives just outside Vancouver… he has built several of them…. cheers

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 9:32 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Haulin wrote:
That is indeed a Texas Tunnel... they are super popular and common in the south for inboard jet boat racing... They routinely run over 120 in the drags... there is a version of that boat that basically has the point of deck (the V) cut off and turned into a pickle fork and ends up being about 16' long... again used for inboard jet drags... A friend of mine picked up ex inboard jet, super light (at the time)one of them about 10 years ago, probably about 350-400lbs... Anyway he modified the pad to flatten it out similar to an STV and put a XR2 (150) with a cone a cone on it a big cleaver and that thing flew! Propped wrong for acceleration, but man it top ended for a 150… not sure what it would run, but my old STV ran into 90’s back then with a 2.4 and he could keep up on the top end… scary as hell though, looked right on the edge of a blow over the whole time… he passed away several years ago and his brother still has it, he said he might bring it out to play this summer… BTW, I would bet that one listed is built by Rick Bitz (Bitz Boats/Eagle Fiberglass)… he has the molds and lives just outside Vancouver… he has built several of them…. cheers

Jeez...looking at it I would have thought is was real heavy. Good info Mike, we appreciate someone with first hand knowledge providing some facts (instead of my wildly inaccurate guessing lol).

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message