It is currently May 4th, 2024, 9:16 am

empty bucket list

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 8:52 pm   
Team Member

I'm at a point where I'm old enough to know I'll never be rich and able to buy everything, and I've sized my storage space for my existing boats. Anything longer than my SS won't fit, and I'm not redoing the garage.

The implication of the above is that there are boats I'll never own. Sure there are thousands I'll never own, but these are the boats I used to read about in Powerboat and Hotboat and think I wanted:

21 Challenger (rather have a Tuff now anyway)
20 Stoker
21 Cougar
24 Skater
J Craft
Butson Gentleman's Racer

Call it the empty bucket list

I'm not complaining. My SS and Baja are very nice boats and all the fun in the world. Which I'll be having next week on vacation.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 10:17 pm   
Team Member

most of your bucket list is probably similar to boats you've already been in,but the 24 skater is a complete animal! if you ever get the chance go for a ride in one with a pro. driver in some 3-4' ROLLERS and :shock: you won't believe what it's capable of! It's always been on my list,but my lake just doesn't have the water it needs to make it justifiable!

PostPosted: June 29th, 2012, 8:55 pm   
Team Member

Years ago I had a ride on Cooch on a very rough day in a 28 Skater with twin 300s. We were near 100 mph, no gps, speedo wasn't working, but 6400 rpm, 1.64 gears, big props...The Skater was very impressive. Maybe too much so.

The event was put on by the Performance Boat Club Canada, and the theme was swapping rides in other peoples boats. There was a mix of 20' boats and big boats. The south wind was huge and scared the big boats off Simcoe. I also snagged a ride in a 33 Eliminator, my first SS2000 ride, and got soaked in an STV. I think I even served as ballast in Al's HST that day.