It is currently May 15th, 2024, 3:38 pm

something cool

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 7:18 pm   

Giving it more thought it could be a small electric motor with forward and reverse mounted sideways with a 3/4 in pinion gear which engages with a grooved flange about 2 in long around the pivot shaft. You would still need to mill out a section in the swivel bracket to give the flange clearance. Think about a manual vertical pivot shaft adjustment and then how you can make this work electrically. Just had a look at the 31M midsection parts listing and there is a piston on the pivot shaft No. 318722 and a series of bushings and O-Rings and also a Pivot tube plate and fitting. If anyone can get their hands on or see a 31M Midsection then it might be easier to work out.

Stephen

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 9:26 pm   

I think that I have finally worked it out and it is very simple. Had a look at a 31M swivel bracket and shaft. The swivel bracket becomes a hydraulic ram chamber and the Pivot Tube becomes a hydraulic ram. This is how it is done. Collars seals and O-Rings top and bottom with a threaded collar and O-Rings in the middle of the Pivot Tube. The top and bottom collars O-Rings and seals remain fixed in the Swivel Bracket while the threaded collar slides up and down in the Swivel Bracket. This makes two separate hydraulic chambers which are filled and emptied by having 2 hydraulic fittings in the swivel bracket for the top and bottom chambers. Attach the Top and Bottom fittings to Trim lines to a trim motor and wire up. I can not post pictures but if a got an E-Mail address I can take a picture of these and send. I do not have all the parts to show. Also if you have a good look at the motor idling you can see two things sticking out from the back of the Swivel Bracket. With some good engineering you should be able to adopt this setup to any outboard.
Simple. When I get some spare time I might start looking and building one. It could be something that Kevi might be able to manufacture.
Stephen

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 9:38 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Send me the pics and I'll post them

Doktorc55@hotmail.com

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 1:10 am   

Will take a few shots tomorrow and send them to your E-Mail address along with the 31M Midsection parts listing.

Stephen