It is currently May 4th, 2024, 4:41 am

Who Can Do Good Prop Work???

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 9:00 pm   
Team Member

Hi Guy's
Who In Central/ Eastern Ontario does good prop work???? I have two props I would like to get tweeked, but not sure who to use. I'm looking for pitch change,balancing and thinning work. I have used BBlades in the U.S before for V6 stuff ....But I would like to use someone local if possible. If anyone can chime in with positive or negitave feed back please do.
Thanks
Mercrazy

Attachments:
merc props 003.jpg
merc props 003.jpg [ 26.34 KiB | Viewed 1845 times ]
merc props 002.jpg
merc props 002.jpg [ 25.57 KiB | Viewed 1845 times ]
merc props 001.jpg
merc props 001.jpg [ 27.05 KiB | Viewed 1845 times ]

Viper Merc 200hp
12' Charger 60Hp OMC
Never Enough Boats!!
 Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 7:59 am   
Team Member

John Fuderer of Kawartha Prop.
Call him and arrange a pick up. They have delivery trucks on the road that will pick up and deliver if you can't get there.
1-705-657-8752

I was there on Saturday and had the grand tour of John's shop. WOW!!
He has a great set up and can do just about anything to a prop.
Real nice guy with knowledge he is more than willing to share.
It was cool to see great big props off of a diesel powered cruiser and props from a 6.5 and everything in between.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 6:31 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I can second Kawartha props. They just recently did my prop and did a great job.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 8:29 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mercrazy wrote:
Hi Guy's
Who In Central/ Eastern Ontario does good prop work???? I have two props I would like to get tweeked, but not sure who to use. I'm looking for pitch change,balancing and thinning work. I have used BBlades in the U.S before for V6 stuff ....But I would like to use someone local if possible. If anyone can chime in with positive or negitave feed back please do.
Thanks
Mercrazy

What size are those??? Do you want to sell them??? :)

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 11:19 pm   
Team Member

These props are from my 650xs days and I was thinking about working them abit to try on my 56ci t-boat. Because I have seen a few of them being used on other motors when I visited Gravenhurst last weekend(Yamaha's) Not sure if these props like OMC gear cases(nitro) so I thought I would put the question out there. I used the prop shop mentioned before ...years ago without any problems. Just wondering if any others are doing good work.

Mercrazy

Viper Merc 200hp
12' Charger 60Hp OMC
Never Enough Boats!!

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 11:37 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
mercrazy wrote:
Hi Guy's
Thanks
Mercrazy

What size are those??? Do you want to sell them??? :)

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!...slow down there Dok.
Merccrazy is on 6ML,...and MUST abide by the 6ML racer code, which states 6ML T drivers have FIRST right of refusal to any props for sale on the lake.
Back of the line Pal.

Mercrazy, PM me exactly where you hide the key to the boat house,....I'm up all week :D

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 8:25 am   
Team Member

If they're 650XS they fit on the yamahas both 50 and 70 hp. They need to be 12 inch diameter for the 56r. The spline is the same for the OMC, however, you need to remove part of the spline at the back to fit the OMC prop shaft. Dave Elsey can show you. If they are under 12 diameter there is no sense doing the mod. Excellent props for a T750 Yamaha or Tohatsu. They look like 18 to 20 pitch.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 10:12 am   
Team Member

Your right they are 18 & 20 x 11 .......Hounddog, I have been reading your driving101 class thread and I got down near the bottom to the "props" section and I was thinking that the diameter is an issue, it now seems that the diameter is getting up there, there is even a 13" dia listed...I thought they were tunnel props, is this due to the introduction of the 56ci power head and the increased torque/prop shaft hp available??...I think I will have to go back to looking for 11.5 or 12 x22-23 cleaver for my boat. If anyone has one let me know.
Thanks Mercrazy

Viper Merc 200hp
12' Charger 60Hp OMC
Never Enough Boats!!

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 10:18 am   
Team Member

I'd love to try these even if not for sale if that is possible on a ThunderCat tunnel... I pass by Bowmanville going to cottage at Picton. If you're not up for that, no prob.

Andrew
andrew4ce@gmail.com

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 10:46 am   
Team Member

mercrazy wrote:
I was thinking that the diameter is an issue, it now seems that the diameter is getting up there, there is even a 13" dia listed...I thought they were tunnel props, is this due to the introduction of the 56ci power head and the increased torque/prop shaft hp available??...I think I will have to go back to looking for 11.5 or 12 x22-23 cleaver for my boat. If anyone has one let me know.
Thanks Mercrazy

If your running a 56.. 11 3/4 would be the smallest I would try....12 x 23 works well..as does 12 1/2 x 21/23...Many of the props they run now are variable pitch...example.. a 12 x 23 could be 21 on the outside 2 inches, 22 in the middle portion of the blade and 23 on the inside.
The 13 inch is an SST 60 prop. I sold my other props to other racers in the class.