It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 1:04 pm

I bet there are law suits over high water in Muskoka Lakes

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 9:22 am   

CCI if you really believe management could have changed the outcome of heavy snow load and heavy spring rains on a down stream system that may have been at what years of experience showed to be unable to except more or shouldn't except more as me hearing my own voice, then like a holes everyone has an opinion. I on the other hand don't see anything except an analytic approach to see what happened here. I'm sure the courts will do the same. Again if you build non floating structures that are within high water level range and expect to be safe when extreme high condition occur how is that the fault of management. Sure damage was done but stupidity will build the same mistake twice. As far as MNRF that's what we call it now and cutbacks we all know where the money is going. If you don't like that members have opinions on open topics I'm sorry. As far as your opinion on all water bodies south of North Bay feeding the Trent??? Sounds better than the f word , and I ain't your bud .

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 8:58 pm   

CCI wrote:
MNR is under funded due to cutbacks over the past 20 years, thank your current government who continues to ignore the issues (water quality, water levels, our one most important resource... fresh water). The MNR has made serious mistakes in water level management since 2010 not just in Muskoka but in the trent severn waterway and its feeder lakes. Perhaps the 1 MNR guy who understood trent severn water levels retired... essentially that is what all of our water bodies are feeding south of north bay and it is why our water levels fluctuate and are controlled by dams. People have been seriously impacted by mismanagement..... and yes... MNR is underfunded... but this is a serious topic that FUCKED thousands of people not just in Muskoka. FMP... you are a waste of time in a thread like this... nothing like hearing your own voice tho right? Get bent bud.

joseph Rosseau and Muskoka dump into the moon river, no where near the trent severn waterway..its a completely different system. the moon has a few hydro dams on its way down to georgian bay that slows the flow down considerably.. they can't spill water out of Muskoka too fast otherwise they would flood the residents of the moon river Again :mrgreen: .. Guy..

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 9:15 pm   

here another bit. muskoka is essentially a toilet bowl and the moon is the drain.. many lakes feed into muskoka.

if you follow the muskoka river north goes through port sydney marry lake through huntsville's chain of lakes to the big east river up to algonquin park and south branch goes a long way and attaches to alot of lakes past baysville lakeof bays up to the oxtounge into algonquin park.. that is a shit ton of drainage my friend.

Last edited by BoomerMuskoka on September 17th, 2016, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 9:18 pm   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 10:36 pm   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
joseph Rosseau and Muskoka dump into the moon river, no where near the trent severn waterway..its a completely different system. the moon has a few hydro dams on its way down to georgian bay that slows the flow down considerably.. they can't spill water out of Muskoka too fast otherwise they would flood the residents of the moon river Again :mrgreen: .. Guy..

The Moon dumps into Georgian Bay......that's one end of the Trent.
You are completely correct....they can't spill water through Bala to fast or it'll flood residents on the Moon.....that's where the management aspect (or lack there of) comes into play. I can remember lots of winters when water (ice) levels on Rosseau & Muskoka were drawn down 36"- 48" below normal summer levels in anticipation of heavy spring run off. That amount of draw down hasn't happened in the last several years.
The 2 significant flood events we've seen in the last few years didn't occur after winters (or spring rains) that were that extraordinary......some flooding was to be expected but not to the extent we saw......
Just sayin......

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 11:08 pm   

you sir are incorrect.. the trent severn waterway does end in port severn when it dumps into georgian bay.. it odes just that ENDS..
the moon river also ends when it dumps into georgian bay near parry sound (woodsbay) the musquash tees off the moon and dumps into G-bay just north of honey harbour right behind motoboats cottage.. muskoka mills.. .. they are 2 completely separate systems..

pick up a map.... a detailed one.. and study the shit out of it do some driving hiking paddling then get back to me.. ;)

Last edited by BoomerMuskoka on September 17th, 2016, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 11:16 pm   

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/on/tren ... b.aspx?m=1

:roll:

PostPosted: September 17th, 2016, 11:22 pm   

http://www.muskokawaterweb.ca/water-101 ... watersheds

im so glad i have the internet now to back me up.. :lol:

PostPosted: September 18th, 2016, 9:17 am   

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng

too funny, sorry the issue isnt

PostPosted: September 18th, 2016, 11:19 am   
Team Member

What bugs me is the reverse. Cooch is too low in August. It did not go up after the rain finally came

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next