It is currently May 4th, 2024, 10:18 pm

Fast boats not welcome!!!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 8:20 pm   

Believe it or not I have been denied a camp site at Pilgrims Rest on Stoney lake because of my boat. I have been going to this place since I was 2 with my father. I have rented a seasonal site a couple years back and used my old boat every weekend which was a STV tunnel V with 2.4 Bridgeport with no problems. The camp managers told me they had too many complaints about my boat from last year and I am welcome but I can't use my boat. Lots of bull shit I idle out to main channel, family in boat so I know I do not exceed 70ish he said the cops were looking for me etc. so when I asked why he had no answer and said he assumed they were looking for me.....wow! I have been boating there for 35 years never a problem until now. How does he intend to draw the line? Bass boats.... Speed boats .... Pontoons ...ok PWC????
I want to plan a run on Stoney Lake and make a presence in the bay the camp is on and maybe call local papers to cover the event?? I will teach this "Christian" a lesson I have left a message with the owner of the park....Royal Homes these people running it are idiots!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 8:39 pm   
Team Member

we were denied a rental on round Lake , outside of Ottawa for the same reason years ago, and given the same excuse for my old panther and my brother in laws hydrostream. People that live or rent on water and dont like the sound of a boat during the day should seriously get a frigging grip or get l*id or something :oops: I was met at the public landing at Raven Lake two summers ago with my AE-21 and told" it was not for that lake" when I went up to visit a friend with a water access cottage on the lake. Thank the wonderful cottagers ass for all that BS! I went on the lake anyway btw, and was even polite to the cottagers ass rep. Just because we drive fast , cool looking , and sometimes louder boats does not mean people can just assume thay can infringe on our rights when they want :roll: :oops: sorry to hear of your luck. theres my rant on the subject :mrgreen:

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 8:59 pm   
Team Member

Wow! Too bad Erik - sounds like you probably wouldn't have a good time there anyway. With kind of attitude.

Try Kawartha Hideaway, on Buckhorn. We used to go there before we moved onto Pigeon.
No Gaurantees, but I'm pretty sure they have transient sites.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 9:22 pm   

That's BS Eric for sure an I would say he's the one that has a problem with you boat cause in NO way shape or form does he have any say what happens out on the lake period ... Sure there may be one or two people in the resort that may not like it but to bad for them they don't own the water ether!!! sound like your dealing with a bunch or tree hugging cityidots

Pete

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2015, 9:49 pm   

We in the uk have nearly all our lakes now with a speed limit of 10 mph or less. Lake windermere for example is now mainly poxy sailing boats and canoes. We are mega restricted on public water. All our rivers are 6 knotts. Yes 6 knotts 7mph. All due to assholes who cant stand to see people enjoy life. Hundreds of businesses have now gone bust in our lake district. We only realy got the sea left to run fast. Or be like me and just get out and keep watch for river police..

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 8:38 am   

Stv_erik wrote:
Believe it or not I have been denied a camp site at Pilgrims Rest on Stoney lake because of my boat. I have been going to this place since I was 2 with my father. I have rented a seasonal site a couple years back and used my old boat every weekend which was a STV tunnel V with 2.4 Bridgeport with no problems. The camp managers told me they had too many complaints about my boat from last year and I am welcome but I can't use my boat. Lots of bull shit I idle out to main channel, family in boat so I know I do not exceed 70ish he said the cops were looking for me etc. so when I asked why he had no answer and said he assumed they were looking for me.....wow! I have been boating there for 35 years never a problem until now. How does he intend to draw the line? Bass boats.... Speed boats .... Pontoons ...ok PWC????
I want to plan a run on Stoney Lake and make a presence in the bay the camp is on and maybe call local papers to cover the event?? I will teach this "Christian" a lesson I have left a message with the owner of the park....Royal Homes these people running it are idiots!

Spread the word far and wide. Have everyone you know send an email stating what BS that is and what a poor business decision. Even a half dozen emails from people stating they heard the story and plan on telling everyone they know to stay away from "Pilgrams Rest" on Stoney Lake would get them thinking that was a poor choice. Or don't bring the boat but dress up like a Muslim Family, that too would get them thinking. :lol:

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 8:53 am   
Team Member

Ran into this problem years ago at my cottage near Dorset, cottager's association though they could control your life, they still are trying everywhere.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 9:12 am   
Team Member

Maybe rent a place there , borrow a piped seadoo, and a nice new wake board boat with a big stereo , spend the day doing donuts outfront with the seadoo jumping the waves. they are both louder than our boats :lol:

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 9:59 am   

tunnelv wrote:
Maybe rent a place there , borrow a piped seadoo, and a nice new wake board boat with a big stereo , spend the day doing donuts outfront with the seadoo jumping the waves. they are both louder than our boats :lol:

Haha good point I have a buddy with a Wakesetter that can reduce your shoreline by about two feet in one afternoon... Bring that instead of the STV lol.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 10:26 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Well dont i have the PWC for you!! my GP sounds like a top fuel dragster sitting at the line.. i would gladly donate it for Stinking it to the man... lol