It is currently May 7th, 2024, 3:28 pm

Fast boats not welcome!!!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 11:28 am   

So it sounds like we should all Dress up like a Muslim get James GP that sounds like a top fuel dragster sitting at the line an rent the place there ,then borrow a wake board boat with a big stereo ,then spend the whole day doing donuts out-front of the place with the seadoo jumping the waves stereo blasting

:mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 1:49 pm   
Team Member

Don't forget the crack & hookers!!

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 10:25 am   

About 18 years ago I was very active in apba dsh and feh boats. These rigs can become very expensive. We would run this boat on our local lake only for 10 min out of the entire day usually every 3rd or 4th day. Without warning I went down my stairs to go for a ride in the boat and found someone pushed it out into the lake. The boat ultimately sank ease they pulled the drain plugs out. The boat was never seen again. Somewhere in Emma lake is a complete dsh with a new mercury 44xs. Now I run my sst120 up and down that lake couple hours a day as often as I can. Some people are jealous out there and have the mentality of well if they can't have it neither should u.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 11:19 am   
Team Member

If your ever into Top Gun ask Norm his experiences with things happening to his STV at his cottage.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 12:02 pm   
Team Member

Many high performance boaters are not aware of the new laws about noise levels. When people complain they start to enforce the rule. We have had a problem testing our race boats for years and we only were testing 15 minutes twice during the summer. They complain about us and then the following weekend they have a poker run!

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 1:16 pm   
Team Member

We have similar problems with race bikes at Calabogie. We all have to go throughout the test booth and go throughout the established procedure. If you're too loud, they tell you not to rev as high and do the test again.
Go figure.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 3:31 pm   

I believe the noise complaints but what about the wake board boats with exhaust and stereos louder than my rig. I made a complaint to our reeve and he said there's nothing he can do but when I pull up into the boat launch I continously get met by the conservation officers. Best excuse yet is my boat is not environmentally friendly and expels more pullutuon that everyone else's boat because it's a 2 stroke. I laughed in their face and said ok let's go pull all the 2 stroke boats off the lake. Pretty sure there is only a dozen 4 stroke boats on the water out of about 400. My boat went in the water anyway.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 5:14 pm   
Team Member

If your boat is an SST 120 race boat you are only allowed to test the boat prior to a race. They can ask you to show proof of the race. The boat does not need to have pleasure craft safety gear. But you should have a second boat to spot for you and radio communication with that boat.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2015, 1:00 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
If your ever into Top Gun ask Norm his experiences with things happening to his STV at his cottage.

Healey Lake loves fast boats! Bring all your fast boats, you're more than welcome :D :D :D

And if you think you're fast... well Norm needs a challenge! Seriously ;)

OPP's been on our lake A LOT the past couple years but we all respect the rules and operate safely and usually go out when there's no other boats on the water... it's usually the ones who complain that don't even know how to operate the trim button on their boats... lol

but whatever, people will always complain and some of them have the most ridiculous logic which amuses me, so when I saw this post I got a couple friends to join me in their fast boats to go for a run at 8:20am sharp the next morning :lol:

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 26th, 2015, 7:53 am   

I never go out without a spotter. And I don't race anymore I just like going fast. BTW did you know race boats do not make good pleasure boats. I probably have more fun in by buddies 22ft talon with twin 280's on it. But yes I have gotten umerous complaints about my 120. Best.one to date its to distracting to the other boaters. Maybe I need one of those Southbay trifecta pontoons. The ones that go 100 mph+