It is currently October 8th, 2024, 6:42 am

NEW T850/T750 BOATS!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 12:15 pm   
Team Member

Hey guys just testing the waters ! Just wondering how many people would be interested in new T850/T750 race or pleasure boats? I have been talking with a few guys that build carbon fiber F1 cars that are interested in maybe making a mold off my boat .

Also What do you guys think of Running Dock or Beach starts next year? It will change the competition completely. Everyone won't be looking for that top end prop anymore! OPC classes never ran a clock! Lamans starts with a commitment pin is how it's done!

One more thing what do you guys think about trophies or medals for first 2nd & 3erd ?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 12:29 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Hey,
Good to see you here!
Top Gun still has the Marty moulds. I'm not sure what kind of shape they're in but maybe easier to fix them up rather than make new ones? I'm not sure if he has plans on having more boats built with them in the near future but maybe good to talk with him about that. I can't speak for everyone else but I would love to see a Lemans start again. I don't know if it's possible though at the sites we have but I'm sure you have ideas of how to make it work.

Kevin

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 1:03 pm   
Team Member

Mike, rather than make new molds, you could check with this fellow about the original molds. They were in Georgia and I am sure he had them.
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/s ... -race-boat

Actually clock starts were in OPC racing in the early years. I tried to organize a LeMans start at Gravenhurst.
The plan was to have the first heat of each group be a LeMans start from the launch ramp area and the second heat would be a clock start. Most T guys didn't want to try it.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 1:20 pm   
TORC VP

Hevi Kevi wrote:
Hey,
Good to see you here!
Top Gun still has the Marty moulds. I'm not sure what kind of shape they're in but maybe easier to fix them up rather than make new ones? I'm not sure if he has plans on having more boats built with them in the near future but maybe good to talk with him about that. I can't speak for everyone else but I would love to see a Lemans start again. I don't know if it's possible though at the sites we have but I'm sure you have ideas of how to make it work.

Kevin

My Tuff Built boat was done with these molds.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 1:37 pm   
Team Member

is the voodoo mold with he original v-king deck still out there somewhere?

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 2:15 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

HOOPER RACING wrote:
Hey guys just testing the waters ! Just wondering how many people would be interested in new T850/T750 race or pleasure boats? I have been talking with a few guys that build carbon fiber F1 cars that are interested in maybe making a mold off my boat .

Also What do you guys think of Running Dock or Beach starts next year? It will change the competition completely. Everyone won't be looking for that top end prop anymore! OPC classes never ran a clock! Lamans starts with a commitment pin is how it's done!

One more thing what do you guys think about trophies or medals for first 2nd & 3erd ?

Great idea Mike. i support 100%- Beach/dock starts, and awards.

regarding the boat, if you start with a very nice boat like your Blue Critch and pop a mould off it and spend the time to make the molds perfect... it would be much better than buying old molds and trying to fuck with them... doing all new ones are obviously time consuming but it will be awesome..

i also think T's, Drags and thundercats need there own Circuit (more Races) .... they could be sooooooo much bigger. a team like Todd (High Command Distributing), Mike Hooper, Jason Famme to fire it up. the gun and Giger to supply the hardware to the local community there no telling how big it could get. i'd help anyway i can. (I have lots of Time)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 2:49 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

sheuninck wrote:
is the voodoo mold with he original v-king deck still out there somewhere?

Speath still has both versions I believe.

As far as beach starts versus clock starts its basically a function of time and organization. Most of us don't travel with a crew to actually hold the boats especially if it's away from the pits (i.e Gravenhurst)...which I'm sure we could get volunteers but it is a hurtle on race day. I don't mind trying the Leman's start at all...but I'm a creature of habit and the clock is easier for me lol. Trophies would be cool though :).

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 2:58 pm   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:
i also think T's, Drags and thundercats need there own Circuit (more Races) .... they could be sooooooo much bigger. a team like Todd (High Command Distributing), Mike Hooper, Jason Famme to fire it up. the gun and Giger to supply the hardware to the local community there no telling how big it could get. i'd help anyway i can. (I have lots of Time)

This was always what I wanted to happen. It should be obvious to anyone at the races that if any part of the group has more growth there is not enough time in the day to run the race. A group of people have to make an effort to do an event on their own. Just one even. try things. Doesn't have to be a public spectator event either where everything is on the line. Work kinks out slow and go from there. Some combined races, some seperate races.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 3:01 pm   
TORC VP

OneCycle wrote:
HOOPER RACING wrote:

Great idea Mike. i support 100%- Beach/dock starts, and awards.

regarding the boat, if you start with a very nice boat like your Blue Critch and pop a mould off it and spend the time to make the molds perfect... it would be much better than buying old molds and trying to fuck with them... doing all new ones are obviously time consuming but it will be awesome..

All great Ideas would love to have more races ect..... but we can't even get enought people to help run the events we have Lets face it 5 people do it all..... then there is the cost Insurance and medics alone run around $5500 per event .... that doesn't include rescue boats, equipment fuel...rental of sound equipment, permit fees, fencing, the list goes on and on. I would be suprised if you could run a proper event for under $7500

I don't even have the time to do the TORC stuff on my plate at the moment!

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 3:04 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Andrew4ce wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

This was always what I wanted to happen. It should be obvious to anyone at the races that if any part of the group has more growth there is not enough time in the day to run the race. A group of people have to make an effort to do an event on their own. Just one even. try things. Doesn't have to be a public spectator event either where everything is on the line. Work kinks out slow and go from there. Some combined races, some seperate races.

I'm still not 100% on board with a split...as of right now it doesn't seem that we have the boat count to go out on our own (with the exception of maybe Dunnville). I can see the merrit in the Tcats having their own event just due to location...you guys need some surf to get the class going for sure. I can also see the drag guys doing a drag day (like Jasper) if you could get enough guys to show up. The T's seem to fit well within TORC in terms of course layout...clock start...etc. AND half the T guys are Hydro guys now anyways. It's my opinion that if the talent gets divided the whole thing colapses...and maybe that's me being negative but from the amount of work it is just to get turn boat people to volunteer it will be an uphill battle to get people to steer the ship.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...