It is currently July 4th, 2024, 3:32 am

Anyone know this Hydrostream?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 11:48 am   

So I'm a buyer for a nice Hydrostream Vegas or V-King, found this one around Sudbury. The current owner took it in trade and doesn't know to much about it. I would love to find out its history and what repairs were done if any. The transom looks painted so I'm a little nervous. I don't like that the gas tank has been relocated to the bow and that the trailer has rollers. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments:
Hydrostream2.JPG
Hydrostream2.JPG [ 92.17 KiB | Viewed 1478 times ]
 Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 12:06 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

thats a V-king .... haven't seen it on any of the forums.. but i think i saw it on Kijiji a couple years ago... the johnson rings a bell.

Welcome to HPBC

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 1:14 pm   

I don't have any solid info on the boat but I do remember it being up for sale a couple years ago. I remember them saying in the add that it was a solid boat. Original asking price for it then was 12,000. He also said it ran in the 90s.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:08 pm   
Team Member

You may want to do is give John at Hydrostream Canada a call and see if its ever been through theri shop or ask on the Belmont Lake Facebook page.
Hydrostreams are great boats but they are all rotted unless they have had the core, transom and floor redone.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 3:39 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

That one was on kijiji for a LONG time...he was asking top buck for it and it does look pretty...but like P@ says...if it hasn't been restored it will need to be. Welcome to the site.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 3:58 pm   
Team Member

12 g's opens up a lot of options... I would look long and hard. I would not pay any more than $500.00 for an unrestored hydrostream . PERIOD!

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 4:37 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mitchie wrote:
12 g's opens up a lot of options... I would look long and hard. I would not pay any more than $500.00 for an unrestored hydrostream . PERIOD!

Jezus Mitch...$502? come on...the discoflake is calling your name...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 4:44 pm   
Team Member

I wouldn't buy a boat unless the seller knew all the details about it or it was a good enough deal to call a project.
The nice thing is, if you have your head stuck on a V-King, they come up for sale ALL the time.
AAAANNND if you are willing to drive, there are even more in the States.
Do a search on http://www.adhuntr.com/ This pulls most of the ads of Craigslist across the south

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 5:05 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
mitchie wrote:

Jezus Mitch...$502? come on...the discoflake is calling your name...

I see a faded tonneau cover... Wich leads me to believe that this old girl has seen some summers tied up to the dock for 3 months straight.. lol. I see a cheapo plastic fuel filler and cleats.. I see a beat old trailer that looks like it was parked in the woods at the cottage with trees growing up through it.

Face it... If the core, floor and transom were not done, and done right... The Johnson on the back is worth 5 to 10 times what the boat is. I know everything ;)

But I could be wrong.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 7:42 pm   
Team Member

Alright ... This is weighing on me.

If this boat does not have some photographic or invoiced evidence of having the core, floor and transom redone... And you buy it. Than given the advice you have been given then you are making a terrible mistake. I really want to say that you are just dumb.

Anybody taking on the project of re-building a boat will at the very least take a picture or two of the monumental task.

Also ..... It the transome has been painted.. Then it sound like a very real possibility the outer skin was cut out to re-do the transom. This is the WRONG way of doing it.

BUY A PERF BOAT FROM SOMEBODY WHO KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING.... Find somebody selling a source of pride... Not the cottage ski boat.

You may have your heart set on this metalflake beauty.. Picturing yourself pulling up to the gas dock at the local marina and being the badasss in the blue v-king... But the fact remains that to dudes that know... Know that if it's original it's fit for the wood chipper. A boat with a rotten core will sink. especially one that rolls 90mph + . Please be the first person to take this advice. You can buy re-built boats for the same price or even less. Like others you may try and justify to yourself that if the internet guy is right then it will be a fun project. Sadly this is not the case. It is a sucky, expensive, itchy shit show that builds no character and crushes summer after summer and paycheque after paycheque. Once again.. if you try and debate this.. .You will lose. This forum has a ton of knowledge and alot or ears to the ground. You cannot rebuild a boat for the price that you can buy a beautiful one for. Like I said...... Take this advice or you are forever a moron in my eyes. I really wish that I knew what I know now when I got into perf boating.

If you are allowed to join the other canadian site you should search threads by a guy named cuffer.... He bought his dream hydrostream.... Turns out it was a rotten turd like everyone else. He ended up with a really nice 25 year old boat when all was said in done that he ended up trying to sell years later for likely a fraction of what he had to spend to get there. Ontario is infested with waterlogged streams....... If you look hard enough you will find a jewell.... (i dont mean a humber)

Otherwise if you start a thread in 6 mos. after buying a turd that you refused to do "due dilligenge" on I will most certainly use every opportunity to say "I told you so" when somebody points out to you that your shit is rotten.

I am not trying to be a dick... I am literally trying to give somebody a serious head start in performance/ontario cottage boating.