It is currently July 8th, 2024, 2:57 am

This is a cool video ...... Eh RICK !

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 4:57 pm   
Team Member

I'm pretty sure that twin could squeeze out a "big" number if it was set on kill not ski! I'm quite happy with a fastboat that goes straight ahead! if someone would just buy it for me,I'll prove it!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 5:07 pm   
Nightmare #2

"Seriously???? My Triad .. Set to kill(jacked to the moon) with a 32 cleaver would pull up rosie o'donnell and rikki lake on a double tube..."

CLASSIC!

And for aguments sake...

-If my lower has been proven to be able to run over 100,
-the hull has been proven to run over 100
-the boat is lighter than the boat that was pushed by the lower in question
-the motor would be within 20 crank hp of the powerhead turning the lower in question

therefor, to me. it would seem that it wouldnt be impossible for a boat like that to go 100. That is of course if it is drivable.

That is obviously the biggest variable here i would think. is it drivable at a speed like that? but it would seem the other variables have been proved to be possible within a very small group of you fellas.

Correct me if im wrong, and this is all for fun, arguments sake. (the boat will go 109 and i know that) :)

jamescole being the new mayor of long island should agree with me on these straight as an arrow mythbusting facts

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 5:17 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

OneCycle wrote:

so what the issue?

It'll go 100 no problem...I don't know what I was thinking earlier. It's been done 1000 times before....big motor little boat ALWAYS equals 100. Sorry James my head was clearly not in the game....it's clear now. It'll only need to spin a 34 at 6500 to run the 104...it should not be a problem....

Now, could you solve my issues? My motor went 118 on a stroker and I can't even get close to that...like it was a struggle to break 100....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 5:25 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

so what the issue?

It'll go 100 no problem...I don't know what I was thinking earlier. It's been done 1000 times before....big motor little boat ALWAYS equals 100. Sorry James my head was clearly not in the game....it's clear now. It'll only need to spin a 34 at 6500 to run the 104...it should not be a problem....

Now, could you solve my issues? My motor went 118 on a stroker and I can't even get close to that...like it was a struggle to break 100....

Very good point Richard... A stroker has a similar pad to ours I believe and is a HEAVIER boat... Not to mention the fact that my boat is a heavier boat than yours. Weight is not the issue here.

I am also sure that the ski boats would run enormous numbers without dudes tied to the back... It's just a silly rig... (Don't get me wrong.. I do find them cool... Just don't think they would fit into my lifestyle).

Jordan... I think that the bigger and heavier the boat.. The better the big case works. Ask Bagman the comparison between big cases and small cases on his SRV. Either way... I plan on spending alot of time running beside that stream of yours this summer... In all honesty you should just get the florida guys to rig it with a stock 150 and then you won't have anything to worry about... The 109 should be easy. And from what I hear... If anyone will be able to drive that thing.. It's you.

And yes... I am one of the funniest guys on the internet.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 5:25 pm   
Team Member

I'm guessing the boat runs 94mph. And keep "setback" Jamescole out of the set up equation.. lol.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 6:19 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mitchie wrote:
I'm guessing the boat runs 94mph. And keep "setback" Jamescole out of the set up equation.. lol.

Leave my setback out of this !

Rick if your motor was that fast on a bass boat you should learn how to setup a boat for f sakes .... clearly you dont have enough setback !!!

Mitchie i'm reading what your saying but it honestly makes 0 (zero) sense AT ALL ! your up and down like a roller coaster with facts. your like a whore in a Penis shop ..you have no clue whats up and down.

if a 150XR4 goes 89 on a alliston then this should be 2X as fast !!!!! twice the horse power.

Mitchie what do you know about cases anyway ? a bigger case is better on a bigger boat? now your back tracking a previous statement....

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 7:38 pm   
Nightmare #2

OneCycle wrote:

Mitchie what do you know about cases anyway ? a bigger case is better on a bigger boat? now your back tracking a previous statement....

I would like this explained as well. this doesnt make any sense to me. Would drag not be drag? equally as inefficient on any sized boat? Comparing a Hydrostream hull and a V21. Either boat wouldnt have much in the water other than the business end...

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 7:53 pm   
Team Member

The shoot out is gonna be good "The Young Guns v. The Old Duds"! :lol:

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 7:56 pm   

Id just like to say.
In a Row boat or a canoe we would have none of these problems!
except when your girlfriend cant paddle hard enough and you make it go around in a circle

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 8:01 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

3bilgepumps wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

I would like this explained as well. this doesnt make any sense to me. Would drag not be drag? equally as inefficient on any sized boat? Comparing a Hydrostream hull and a V21. Either boat wouldnt have much in the water other than the business end...

The bigger longer boat won't be as apt to try and plane on the gearcase...less likely to have negative handling characteristics due to the size of the case. Like big wide tires on your diesel are ok in the snow but throw them on the civic and watch out. Neither is ideal on the boat but one handles it better. One other BIG difference is that we both run 15" mids...way less drag and pendulum action. We also have big fat pads to carry the big fat motor and to help drivability.

Jo you are exactly right as far as the limitations go...it might be tough to overcome the aero and hydrodynamic drag of the big motor on the tiny boat and keep it drivable. I'm sure it's not impossible but you don't see many (or any) 20" big block vector/Vkings breaking 100...that's not to say you can't or shouldn't try....my point (originally) was that there's a reasonable formula to get these boats to go fast so why not follow that. It's usually me that wants to go fast the hard way lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next