It is currently July 1st, 2024, 4:18 am

Offshore racing

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 9:43 am   
TORC VP

neilson wrote:
nice work guys 8-) , bet ur gonna have one of those boats soon (of ur own )

I am enjoying the driving part with out cost of ownership!!!!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 10:01 am   
Team Member

Congrats to you and your team. Finishing is an accomplishment, never mind getting a SECOND!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 10:10 am   
TORC VP

here are a some from the start... there are many more on freezeframevideo.net

PostPosted: July 28th, 2014, 4:38 pm   
Team Member

OK, lets be honest, the T850 clock starts and driving through rough s**t with 10 boats @ 68mph sharpened your game!
That inboard is like an RV out on a Sunday cruise.
Well done!

PostPosted: August 1st, 2014, 8:48 am   
TORC VP

Hydroid wrote:
OK, lets be honest, the T850 clock starts and driving through rough s**t with 10 boats @ 68mph sharpened your game!
That inboard is like an RV out on a Sunday cruise.
Well done!

Very true, What I was not used to was the bigger faster guys on course at the same time... Gotta keep you head up or you are going to get a good shower.

So the owner has asked me to driver again in 2 weeks at the port huron race! So I think I am going to take the T boat down to run in the exibition with the SLT guys that way I can get more time on the water.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2014, 9:35 pm   

I watched most of these races this afternoon (I live in Sarnia). It's pretty cool that it spans both countries. It was good to watch - one of the tightest turns and subsequent straight is right along Sarnia's seawall/boardwalk, which was packed with spectators.

About 5 or 6 SLTs showed up and did exhibitions on both sides of the river as a fill-in between classes. The section of river they ran the SLTs on (Cdn side) is usually the calmest, and was OK for their runs. However, the wind blew up later (which is very common), and I think T-boats would just be a race of attrition. Not sure many people would want to break shit right before Dunville (and none were there). I used to run a 16' true tunnel on this river and gave up because it's simply too rough for small boats to run any speed - constantly airborne.

Jay, not sure if you drove #615 or not ? Didn't look like a big guy behind the wheel !

Matt

PostPosted: August 10th, 2014, 11:47 pm   
TORC VP

Matt. I was there with the t. But choose not to run because of the water and it was going to be too much of a rush jumping from boat to boat. I did drive 615. And it was awesome. Inches from everyone at the start. On boat hooked in the first corner. We almost drove over the warlock. That guy is a tool ! Great racing. Started in the 6th position got bounced to 8th of the start as we got cut off and pinched out. Finished 4th

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 9:31 am   
TORC VP

Here are a couple shots If the first one you can see the warlock just infront of us. We were inches from him. At the start you are supposed to hold your lane through the first corner. This guy came flying left after the green flag we were forced to back off or get hit. We drove the entire front straight being showered and blind. I figured that if they didn't hold a lane I shouldn't either so I dove to the inside of the corner to make up some ground. The boat in lane two hooked... The Warlock decided the rules didn't apply to him again and came flying over from the fifth lane to the first. If I had the throttle I would have given him a tap for being a dick!

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 10:13 am   
Team Member

congradulations Jason, thats awsome.

Steve

PostPosted: August 11th, 2014, 11:48 am   
TORC VP

The start

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next