It is currently July 8th, 2024, 2:44 am

This is a cool video ...... Eh RICK !

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 12:06 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

3bilgepumps wrote:
OneCycle wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:
When I got the boat from Chris, I too put a 245 on her but never ran it, the motor need to be freshened up so I opted for the opti.

Bag Man said that when he put the big block on his SRV it scared the Poop out of him... Mine scared the ba jebers out of me several times :shock: She tried to spit me out a few times :shock: :shock: I wanted Chris S to try his old boat with the big block on her , and he said that it was "wonky" had some real issues that he didn't have with the 2.5 's...
She wasn't going to get the better of me ... had to learn how to drive her...She still scares me but I am getting used to her.
Cant' wait to get her shortened... :D
The V king would be a little scarier with a big block 300xs 20" with a high rake 15x34 cleaver. :mrgreen: Well over 100 mph if you learn how too. God Speed :D

^^ some experience agrees .... nobody said it will be a breeze to drive but it will be fast as fuck.

Cuts deep....? Another win for the dont give a fuck 80s. potential for speed is there.

Yeah big time. Team 90's got hammer fisted all night.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 8:48 am   
Team Member

3bilgepumps wrote:
fun fact. there are a ton of hydrostream guys that claim 115 plus. are they all lying or can the hull go stupid fast like that? (honest question)

And with a few similar boats to the srv that run those speeds with over 300hp. Is it really believable 245 would do it. especially considering that thing never left the shop?

Approaching 107

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 179.02 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 8:49 am   
Team Member

Next day

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 253.27 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 8:51 am   
Team Member

And in my opinion, Chet seems like a very experienced driver. Very lucky to be alive right now, makes me think big numbers belong on a bigger boat.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 10:35 am   
Team Member

Don't forget that the bottom of that boat was not stock. I believe he dropped the pad an inch.

I have trouble with alot of the crazy claims out there.
I do believe there are a 'few' guys who have seen the 110+ mark. Rule of thumb on the internet is take all the claims out there and multiply by .07
There is some good reading on Byuboyz about some of the old timers running Vectors and a few Vkings

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 10:36 am   
Team Member

idvette wrote:
Next day

Sorry but I know quite a few people that know Chet and I wouldn't let him rigg me a boat or build one for that matter. Once again the "InterLyingWeb" can catch you getting shit on your hands thrown from some one else.

I'd say build it how you feel you want and it's a challenge for sure. Some of the best things in our past are from people doing what "they" think and not what others tell them. Either way you'll gain some REAL FACTS.

Years ago people laughed at me when I said how badly I wanted to try a 300x on a Euro or RR. . . . . hhhmmmm seems to work just fine if done right. If this project fails people can only have respect for trying it whether it works or fails. Cut the shit and stop typing and start building.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 10:49 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Jeff Yammer wrote:
idvette wrote:
Next day

I'd say build it how you feel you want and it's a challenge for sure. Some of the best things in our past are from people doing what "they" think and not what others tell them. Either way you'll gain some REAL FACTS.

Cut the shit and stop typing and start building.

Jeff its in my shop right now getting built...3bp's can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time :). Putting a 3L on a viking is NOT new territory and the REAL FACTS are out there. It's getting built with a 3.1L no matter what anyone (including me...the guy who will likely have to clean up the pieces...again :mrgreen: ) says on the interweb. The main debate seems to be that some feel that this is the magic combo to go 100+ in a 15' boat...others feel that a smaller engine might be the ticket for all out speed. Even you chose a 2.6 for your Vking...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 10:53 am   
Team Member

I personally wouldn't rigg it that way either. . The magic combo is a lighter power combo for sure. But I do think this would work. . Once again for only a short percentage of conditions on the water though.
Hahah lucky you :)

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 10:57 am   
Team Member

What did Instigator have on his Vector? (Sorry OMC's all look the same to me... his was red)
Wasnt that a tree liter?
I know he finally cracked the 101 mark

PostPosted: February 8th, 2013, 11:01 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Jeff Yammer wrote:
I personally wouldn't rigg it that way either. . The magic combo is a lighter power combo for sure. But I do think this would work. . Once again for only a short percentage of conditions on the water though.
Hahah lucky you :)

There is no question that this will be a BEAST as far as acceleration goes....if it's pointed in the right direction after the loud peddle gets stomped is another story lol. The 3.1 on a 15" with a small coned case or 2.5 sportie might be a trip though...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next