It is currently June 28th, 2024, 8:33 pm

Charger 19 STV Pickle Fork

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: September 19th, 2014, 11:49 am   
TORC VP

I delt with Jack to order mine brand new, by the time you have it rigged and ready for a motor it is not much more money to have the propper STV that will have way better resale value RBT is correct Prices are not listed for the STV on the fullthrottle site but if you look at the quartershot T3 he quotes 13500 with interior..... It is worth the extra money to have a proper boat!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 19th, 2014, 11:50 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

RBT wrote:
Full throttle prices are not a lot more than is being quoted here. You will get a better boat that has a resale value. Or like suggested, a used boat. The sprint bottom isn't ideal, they are ok but power for power there will be a significant speed difference. Add that the cdn built boat will be a lot heavier than the brand name stuff.

Now James, this "washed up pit boss" never plays with others money, and I fail to see how suggesting to someone to spend good money on a quality product with long term value over and item that doesn't have a stellar reputation is a bad idea.
Of course, I am sure somehow in your eyes this is beneficial to me.

your right i did call you a Washed up Pit boss... it happened and erased it shortly after because i hardly know you. so thats why its hard for me to hold my tongue when you dont know me.. try not to take it personally.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2014, 11:57 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Himagain wrote:
I delt with Jack to order mine brand new, by the time you have it rigged and ready for a motor it is not much more money to have the propper STV that will have way better resale value RBT is correct Prices are not listed for the STV on the fullthrottle site but if you look at the quartershot T3 he quotes 13500 with interior..... It is worth the extra money to have a proper boat!

Bingo..

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: September 19th, 2014, 12:06 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

RBT wrote:
Full throttle prices are not a lot more than is being quoted here. You will get a better boat that has a resale value. Or like suggested, a used boat. The sprint bottom isn't ideal, they are ok but power for power there will be a significant speed difference. Add that the cdn built boat will be a lot heavier than the brand name stuff.

Now James, this "washed up pit boss" never plays with others money, and I fail to see how suggesting to someone to spend good money on a quality product with long term value over and item that doesn't have a stellar reputation is a bad idea.
Of course, I am sure somehow in your eyes this is beneficial to me.

and heres a little about me.

i'm 26 years old, been into Boating for 5 years.

i have owned 7 boats 5 of witch have seen water, on those 5 boats i have had 10 outboard motors.

i dont know shit about fuck other than whats worked for me.. everything else is a guess.

i pay people to do glass work and paint and i just assemble. my rigging isnt top notch but it works and i get better every boat i have.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014, 10:24 am   

I'm looking for a turn key STV that I can afford. 10k all in vs 13500 + gauges, steering etc. That could be upwards of 15k. However when I called FT I was told a new river rocket with just interior was $15k. So with everything else I could be up around 18k + motor. That's almost double the price. From what I've researched the sprint is an old design when compared to the ski bottom yielding aprox 20mph difference with the same motor and set up. The sprint will still be fast (100mph) just not ski bottom speeds of 120mph+ by an experienced driver. I'm not looking for the lightest boat I just want something solid and reliable. My first boat was an old charger DL built by the same guy and I had zero issues with it. I want to get into a tunnel hull design and I think it's a great start. Who knows maybe down the road ill want something else...

The main thing is the feel of tunnel hull - I don't know the difference because I've never drive one. Spending all kinds of money on a new triad doesn't sit right.

Does a spring bottom feel all that different compared to a ski bottom?

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014, 10:59 am   
Team Member

I can't much speak to the hancling differences but check with paul at top gun.
He had a very affordable river rocket for sale not to long ago.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014, 11:17 am   

It was sold...

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014, 12:52 pm   

Hi ATAZ
I have a ski bottom STV and from what I have read the ski bottom is slightly faster than the Mod VP bottom but the Mod VP bottom turns better. I am not sure if anybody is still making the ski bottom. I think the FT boats are the Mod VP bottom there should be someone on here that can confirm that. I think the drag bottom molds are in Muskoka somewhere. I would keep a eye on Kijiji and see what comes up there are a couple of nice one's for sale on here right know not sure if they are sold.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 6:11 pm   

I was quoted 24k for a turnkey RR from Jack. I just cant afford that, especially with paying tax and still needing power. The nice used STVs are far and few. I think this is my best option for a new rig...

Appreciate the help guys!

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 10:07 pm   

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
id say go for the 19 sprint bottom, i just got mine back from ray he did a great job restoring mine..

Looks like we'll be the only two guys in North America with these Canadian built rockets! When are you finishing yours?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next