It is currently June 30th, 2024, 4:33 am

2013 February Boat of the Month- Greg's XR2001 ModVP

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 12:51 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

DoktorC wrote:
The Bag Man wrote:
Hurricane builds a sound block. I have used them. Turbo is way better than supercharged on a trail sled...

Stock is way better than both on a trail sled....that way you can build a no compromise lake sled and not have to worry about race fuel availability or wheelieing into the woods when the boost comes on :)

Omg... Somebody find Rick Cole and bring him back...... Don't put turbo on an apex.... Do you hear your self !

Next thing you know you'll be telling Jordan not to put a 3.1 on the Valero... Gawd the 80's were so much cooler.. The world has gone to shit...

Just a couple cool examples of recent cool stuff that worked:

Voodoo with a 90
Tuff16 with a 150

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 12:54 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

3bilgepumps wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
The Bag Man wrote:
Hurricane builds a sound block. I have used them. Turbo is way better than supercharged on a trail sled...

Stock is way better than both on a trail sled....that way you can build a no compromise lake sled and not have to worry about race fuel availability or wheelieing into the woods when the boost comes on :)

:cry: What happened to you Rick. I love the sounds of this sled build

Dude I spent tonight looking for a header and intercooler on eBay lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 1:06 am   
Nightmare #2

Ha, we posted the same thing at the same time? DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS??? YEEAP!!!
Agreed though. the nineties ruined everything.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 1:06 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

OneCycle wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
The Bag Man wrote:

Omg... Somebody find Rick Cole and bring him back...... Don't put turbo on an apex.... Do you hear your self !

Next thing you know you'll be telling Jordan not to put a 3.1 on the Valero... Gawd the 80's were so much cooler.. The world has gone to shit...

Just a couple cool examples of recent cool stuff that worked:

Voodoo with a 90
Tuff16 with a 150

You're missing the point (again...). Why waste the time and money on having a half fast trail sled that doesn't work on the trail when you can have a full blown race sled at your disposal?? When did 150mph become uncool?? These are lessons gleaned from 3BPs....race sleds are for racing...trail sleds aren't...

And no...I'd rather see a modded 2.6 on the Valero....the 3.1 will drive like the Martini.... :mrgreen:

The 80s?? The 80s would have eaten you up and shit you out faster than you can say "the 80s". Don fucking Johnson....need I say more?

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 1:12 am   
Nightmare #2

DoktorC wrote:
The 80s?? The 80s would have eaten you up and shit you out faster than you can say "the 80s". Don fucking Johnson....need I say more?

LMAO

And leave the Martini out of this. It was nothing a bit of time wouldnt have solved :mrgreen:

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 9:28 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:

Stock is great til the other guy passes you and you mumble "if I had my other sled" Why do you think waterski racing was invented cause that guy passed someone pulling a waterskier and he didn't like it! :lol:

Awesome boat Greg...can't wait to see this years updates

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 11:56 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:

Stock is great til the other guy passes you and you mumble "if I had my other sled" Why do you think waterski racing was invented cause that guy passed someone pulling a waterskier and he didn't like it! :lol:

Awesome boat Greg...can't wait to see this years updates

Good point...the sad truth is that it's actually my fiscal spending limits that have saved my sled from the same fate as Greg's lol. Mitch and I have our own theories on how waterski racing was invented though...I think it's the Aussie version of "hold my Foster's and watch this"...

Another thread ruined...:)

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:22 pm   
Team Member

I've got no complaints about my blown (now blown up) Apex.
Odometer reads just over 12,000 km. the blower went on when it had less then 2,000 km on it and until now it's only ever seen regular maintenance.
In all honesty, I don't think I could ever own another sled without a blower or turbo.
It's just way to much fun!!

Thanks Paul, it'll be in pieces soon. Pop by and see it....naked! (the boat, not you...naked that is.)

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:44 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Northbase wrote:

In all honesty, I don't think I could ever own another sled without a blower or turbo.
It's just way to much fun!!

I know, I know...most of my comments were to get Mike wound up about his Nytro :)....I was sure there would be Nytro vids and stats flyin' lol.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 7:38 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:

I know, I know...most of my comments were to get Mike wound up about his Nytro :)....I was sure there would be Nytro vids and stats flyin' lol.

Rick....
You'd never go outta your way to twist someone's nipples......
Would ya??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next