It is currently October 5th, 2024, 8:27 pm

installing aftermarket efi on your outboard

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 10:02 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

v8 charged wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Ya...but any schmuck can buy an hpdi or wait for an Etec to self destruct...:)

very true rick . or spend 15 or twenty grand a season to have someone else work on your boat and get grounded by your wife. for the rest of your life . when she finds out you spent your retirement found on a boat that you will never get your money back out of. :o :shock:

Lol.. You just reached into kens wife purse and sucker punched his nuts...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 10:10 am   

Supermitchie wrote:
When I was looking at newer motors.... Every other H.O. etec had a "new powerhead". That was terrifying to me.

brp makes snowmobiles. and have a hard enough time keeping 2 cylinder motors together. :lol: i have a buddy on lake muskoka with a charger sv and a 150 etec bought motor brand new in 09 after melting down his 235 evinrude twice... every year he has random trouble starting, and randomly shuts off while running at speed.........not cool and the brp techs are baffled,he's had it in under "warranty " and still acts up right out of the gate.. .... i wouldn't spent the money on one. he hates me and my yamaha :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 10:08 am   

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:
When I was looking at newer motors.... Every other H.O. etec had a "new powerhead". That was terrifying to me.

brp makes snowmobiles. and have a hard enough time keeping 2 cylinder motors together. :lol: i have a buddy on lake muskoka with a charger sv and a 150 etec bought motor brand new in 09 after melting down his 235 evinrude twice... every year he has random trouble starting, and randomly shuts off while running at speed.........not cool and the brp techs are baffled,he's had it in under "warranty " and still acts up right out of the gate.. .... i wouldn't spent the money on one. he hates me and my yamaha :lol:

alex that's the funniest thing you ever wrote on a thread. " he hates me and my Yamaha " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . that is the phase of the year. :lol: :lol: lmfao. you should make that into a country song. you would be a millionaire.

just replace the lyrics with HE HATES ME AND MY YAMAHA. instead of my big green tractor. lol

http://youtu.be/cjwAucpiC6Q

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 11:26 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

OneCycle wrote:
v8 charged wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Ya...but any schmuck can buy an hpdi or wait for an Etec to self destruct...:)

very true rick . or spend 15 or twenty grand a season to have someone else work on your boat and get grounded by your wife. for the rest of your life . when she finds out you spent your retirement found on a boat that you will never get your money back out of. :o :shock:

Lol.. You just reached into kens wife purse and sucker punched his nuts...

:lol: :lol: :lol: $he is my retirement fund… :D As long as I play her game with a lot of yes Dear, your right Dear and some begging for forgiveness… it's all good :D

V8 Juice was trying too sucker punch me in the nuts and missed... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 12:19 pm   

gee sorry If you miss understood my post guys . no sucker punch intended.. james is trying stir the pot . lol :lol: :lol: . not going to happen with me.. I will not get jamescoled.. :lol: :lol: . BIG GREEN TRACTOR

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 3:11 pm   

v8 charged wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:

alex that's the funniest thing you ever wrote on a thread. " he hates me and my Yamaha " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . that is the phase of the year. :lol: :lol: lmfao. you should make that into a country song. you would be a millionaire.

just replace the lyrics with HE HATES ME AND MY YAMAHA. instead of my big green tractor. lol

http://youtu.be/cjwAucpiC6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGT_l3yaDxo

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 8:34 pm   

and the hpbc comedy channel continues ... :lol: :lol: :lol: please play some more and entertain the viewers. :lol: :lol:

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: January 4th, 2014, 1:51 am   
Team Member

First the sds is the best and worst system , It works off a tps only great if you know a few simple things . Load, meaning prop size , fuel load , driver and hull . Do not change this weight . Set it up to go straight wfo to zero and back to wfo . works great for drags or pin to pin . We set it up on the f1 boat , easy to understand and easy to program works great . I put the same system on my tuff , all I can say is what a mistake . I changed the box over to a Brakato pcu and it only works on a map sensor only sensor . Yes the pcu has a air temp reading but so does the sds . Great ,big change . Is the sds nfg? Noooooooooooooo. Just got to put it to work for the correct application .