It is currently September 20th, 2024, 8:48 pm

Boat Recommendations for 20&30 hp 4 Strokes

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 29th, 2024, 11:41 am   

What boats should someone look at for 20 and 30 hp 4 stroke engines? The winrace GT15/30 is ideal and I heard 10 made it into North America and I’ve seen 3 of them. Opinion’s on the Dillon Pro V? Anything else out there to consider? I think current TBoats are too heavy to be competitive in BSR. Looking for input here.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 29th, 2024, 7:23 pm   
Team Member

dandrews wrote:
What boats should someone look at for 20 and 30 hp 4 stroke engines? The winrace GT15/30 is ideal and I heard 10 made it into North America and I’ve seen 3 of them. Opinion’s on the Dillon Pro V? Anything else out there to consider? I think current TBoats are too heavy to be competitive in BSR. Looking for input here.

APBA B Stock Runabout
https://www.apba.org/classes.php?id=109
Minimum weight 360 lbS
No minimum boat length

GT30
Minimum weight 550 lb
Minimum boat length 11’5”

I haven’t seen any boats yet with a seat.
I remembered your thread on Boat Racing Facts on this subject.
https://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/ ... 92s-Future

I have never thought about this until you posted this thread....it will be a challenge to get even close to the minimum 360 minimum weight with a GT15-30 type boat. I know the plan was to run these 4 strokes combinations as a sub group within the class.
Are there new spec rules posted regarding the boat?

PostPosted: June 30th, 2024, 10:07 am   

I think the min weight may be possible with current utility design being used in stock but I don’t believe they are an efficient design for these engines. A vee bottom is much more efficient. Look at Tim Kurtz’s boat, DSR Marathon, 16’ over 100lbs over weight and the boat wants to blowover at 76 mph. When Tim runs he’s unbeatable. I think the reason the 30hp engines weren’t put in CSR is because the GT30 will run 60 mph and with the new redesigned gearcase on the Tohat 30 I would expect their speeds to increase and therefore could really upset the current CSR class structure. To me a 12-13’ boat would be ideal for either engine. It’s just a matter of getting the design right.