It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:23 pm

....and now there's 5!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 4:07 pm   
Team Member

beavertonae-21 wrote:
great looking boat! that's one of the nicest truck bed boat cradles I have ever seen lol.

That's the cradle I use for my 01 in the winter.
Super easy to make. 6x6 frame. 10' long, 4' wide. 10" structural screws at the corners. 5" casters with a 3/4" block to increase your ground clearance on the ends. 2 1/2" foam on the top fastened with recessed deck screws w/basket washers.
Materials cost around $100. Makes working on the boat super easy and takes up less space then when it's on the trailer.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 6:48 pm   
Team Member

Northbase wrote:
beavertonae-21 wrote:
great looking boat! that's one of the nicest truck bed boat cradles I have ever seen lol.

Super easy to make. 6x6 frame. 10' long, 4' wide. 10" structural screws at the corners. 5" casters with a 3/4" block to increase your ground clearance on the ends. 2 1/2" foam on the top fastened with recessed deck screws w/basket washers.
Materials cost around $100. Makes working on the boat super easy and takes up less space then when it's on the trailer.

Hmm,...You this detailed with foundations to support ~$1-5MM+ structures?...not unless an Alli stored inside:)

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 9:19 pm   
Team Member

I think I saw somewhere Bill Gohr and John Tiger's crossflow V4 15' Ally's pictured together. Either might know a thing or two about making rigging small Ally's.

The boat is a 1972? According to Allison's web site they introduced setback in 1972 and notched transoms in 1974. They claim both as firsts.

Hydrostream.org says the Viper was developed in 71-72. So if it came out in 72 or 73 with a notch, it was probably the first.

I don't remember any boats with setback when I used to watch the races in the early 70's. But that was a long time ago.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Northbase wrote:
beavertonae-21 wrote:

Hmm,...You this detailed with foundations to support ~$1-5MM+ structures?...not unless an Alli stored inside:)

.....and it's easily adapted to just about any hull design or style...?..
Smart ass!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 9:45 pm   
Team Member

David wrote:
I think I saw somewhere Bill Gohr and John Tiger's crossflow V4 15' Ally's pictured together. Either might know a thing or two about making rigging small Ally's.

The boat is a 1972? According to Allison's web site they introduced setback in 1972 and notched transoms in 1974. They claim both as firsts.

Hydrostream.org says the Viper was developed in 71-72. So if it came out in 72 or 73 with a notch, it was probably the first.

I don't remember any boats with setback when I used to watch the races in the early 70's. But that was a long time ago.

Original serial number tag says 1972.
Title documents I've got have John Tiger Jr listed as the last owner in the US before it came across the border.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 10:09 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

8-) Is that the boat that was at Chris and John Speith's ? Very Nice :D Colour of money :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 10:25 pm   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
8-) Is that the boat that was at Chris and John Speith's ? Very Nice :D Colour of money :mrgreen:

Good eye Kenny.
The very same.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 10:14 am   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Very nice! I love those little Allisons. Would love to build a nice V4 for one of them and adapt a nitro case to it. Not sure how long the nitro lower would stand up but would be a cool project.

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 8:23 pm   
Team Member

I'd forgotten that was John Tiger's boat at one time. It looked like all the fun in the world, but two boats is enough for me. Two boats, two cars, one wife. All I need is a dog.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 9:07 pm   
Team Member

David wrote:
I'd forgotten that was John Tiger's boat at one time. It looked like all the fun in the world, but two boats is enough for me. Two boats, two cars, one wife. All I need is a dog.

Two dogs.
Always get em in pairs!
:mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next