It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 6:48 pm

....and now there's 5!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 9:43 pm   
Team Member

David wrote:
Those boats were designed for inline 6's or maybe cross flow V4s

I don't think setback was used back then. No notch and a narrow pad. Boats have evolved.

The boat looks great and should be a lot of fun.

But its not like the notch was unheard of at the time. The Viper and Ventura were using it, built at the same time for the same power. Makes me wonder if there was a comparison performed way back when (you know, before I was even born :P) to see the difference at the time.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 3rd, 2016, 9:46 pm   
Team Member

Gonna start with an Erude Sizzler, likely bump it up to a Stinger after that.
I'll be seeking input from a few of the old school guys who've run these hulls with great success.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 9:38 am   
Team Member

I came close to buying that boat to run my 60 hp 4 stroke Mercury. It is a great boat. The boat is too heavy for the small OMC. I suggest you start with a 49 OMC and run 4 to 6 inches of set back. It will run mid to high 50's with that motor. After that it will depend on what you want to do with it. As others have said as a lake boat a nice V4 or 1500 XS or go the V6 root for a drag type trailer queen. I am sure you will make it SPECIAL!!

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 10:21 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

is this the same size as Mikes?

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 10:38 am   

awesome looking ride greg, ur boy must be pumped to rig it and get out on the water , love how it fits in the truck bed LOL

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 12:40 pm   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:
is this the same size as Mikes?

Yes, same boat but Mike did the custom rear fairing.
I looked long and hard at Mikes but it's to nice.
I've got a lot of the parts we'll need to do the rigging and I think it's kinda goofy to use a show piece like Mikes as a teaching platform. There's also a bit of bottom work to do which will also give Jr some hands on experience.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 12:44 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
I came close to buying that boat to run my 60 hp 4 stroke Mercury. It is a great boat. The boat is too heavy for the small OMC. I suggest you start with a 49 OMC and run 4 to 6 inches of set back. It will run mid to high 50's with that motor. After that it will depend on what you want to do with it. As others have said as a lake boat a nice V4 or 1500 XS or go the V6 root for a drag type trailer queen. I am sure you will make it SPECIAL!!

My plan for the first little bit is to run the Sizzler with some "40" stickers on it so he's "kinda" legal. It will get a 3 cylinder in very short order. I'm already looking for parts and pieces.
Any input on rigging & setup would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 2:33 pm   
Team Member

Northbase wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

My plan for the first little bit is to run the Sizzler with some "40" stickers on it so he's "kinda" legal. It will get a 3 cylinder in very short order. I'm already looking for parts and pieces.

String steering?

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 2:58 pm   
Team Member

great looking boat! that's one of the nicest truck bed boat cradles I have ever seen lol.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 4:00 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Northbase wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

String steering?

You bet, may try your rope trick.
/;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next